A close getaway from the condense LA city, the beach has been my second home due to the overwhelming heat.
A few months back I styled a small profile in Vegas Magazine entitled Weekend Warriors, featuring all-girl celebrity gossip columnists of HollyScoop, E! News correspondents Jason Kennedy and Ben Lyons, and professional food critic, Zeke Quezada.
We shot at the rooftop of the luxe Watermarke Tower in downtown Los Angeles, the same location as the shoot I did for Koream Mag’s Jamie Chung cover shoot.
WHAT THEY’RE WEARING:
On Jason Kennedy
- Lightweight slub v-neck knit ($88), and “bowery” fit low-rise slim straight leg jean ($165), John Varvatos USA. garment dyed convertible notch collar jacket with articulated elbow jacket ($998), john varvatos.The Forum Shops at Caesars; johnvarvatos.com.
- Antiqued dark brown leather loafer, Tod’s ($565). The Forum Shops at Caesars; tods.com.
- Jason’s own watch.
- “Shean” glasses, Oliver Peoples ($310). Barneys New York, The Shoppes at the Palazzo; oliverpeoples.com. –next to jason as prop
On Zeke Quezada
- “Melvin” v-neck fine cotton sweater, J.Lindeberg, ($140), jlindebergusa.com.
- “Even Flo Black Mamba” pants, Moods of Norway ($149). Wynn Las Vegas; moodsofnorway.com.
- “Gommino” loafer, Tod’s ($425). The Forum Shops at Caesars; tods.com.
On Ben Lyons:
- “Sander” stripes zip-up hoodie, Moods of Norway ($89). Wynn Las Vegas; moodsofnorway.com.
- “Even flo casual black” pants, Moods of Norway ($149). Wynn Las Vegas; moodsofnorway.com.
- Ben’s own tee.
- “Foxley” glasses, Paul Smith Spectacles ($325). Crystals, Citycenter; paulsmithspectacles.com.
- Fully–ruched silk chiffon dress with beaded neckline in tomato red, Mandalay ($1,818). Gregory’s Boutique, Grand Canal or call 702.792.1300.
- Chiffon bow sandals, Giuseppe Zanotti ($850). Neiman Marcus, Fashion Show; Neimanmarcus.com
- 2kt yellow diamond slice surrrounded by paved white diamonds set in 18k gold Yellow triple drop Earrings ($9,400), 3.5tw carats of natural yellow diamonds surrounded by a white diamond pave bezel set in 18k yellow gold lemondrop ring ($7,570) and 6kt of natural yellow and white diamonds set in 18k yellow gold flower ring ($13,750), Michael M. call 888.563.4910 or michaelmcollection.com.
- Racerback crochet tank, Vince ($145). Intermix, The Forum Shops at caesars; intermix.com.
- 7-band Aztec skirt, Pleasure Doing Business ($142). PinkMascara.com.
- Necklace and rings ($88 - $123), Charlene K. Pink Mascara.com.
- “Khloe” sandals, Koolaburra ($198). PinkMascara.com.
- Sport chronograph watch, Elysee ($395). Elyseeusa.com.
- Feather print bustier, Christian Cota ($690). christiancota.com.
- “Tomboy” shorts, Malia Mills ($215). MaliaMills.com.
- Python clutch, Tod’s ($2,165). The Forum Shops at Caesars; tods.com.
- “Lips of fire” Glasses, Oliver Peoples ($310). Shades, Wynn Las Vegas; oliverpeoples.com.
- 18KT yellow gold featuring colored gemstones Bracelet ($7,900 - $9,500), and 18K white gold with 15.75 tw blue topaz and .90KT of diamond earrings ($9,500), Christian Tse. Neiman Marcus, Fashion Show; christiantse.com.
- Blush suede platform wedges, Pura Lopez ($395). Intermix, The Forum Shops at Caesars; intermix.com.
Many thanks to my most amazing assistants: Jacqueline Nguyen and Julianne Hoang.
Another one of my favorite sections I styled for Love Culture’s summer campaign. Blondes do have all the fun!
This is probably my favorite series from the entire summer Love Culture campaign. If it was an editorial shoot, I would have had the models go “bandeau-less” but we just had to keep it PG since it’s all over their stores, ha.
For more looks from Love Culture’s summer campaign, visit my previous blogs:
Tabor is wearing ALL Hugo Boss.
Courtney is wearing an Oscar de la Renta suit and belt and Fendi shoes.
The summer issue will be out anyday now! Can’t wait to show you the other looks we created. But you can look back on our behind the scenes of this shoot, here.
Photographer: David Nguyen | Stylist: Yours Truly | Stylist Assistants: Jacqueline Nguyen and Julianne Hoang | Makeup: Angelina Cheng | Hair: Tony Vin
Thank you JW Marriott Hotel of LA Live in downtown Los Angeles for the breathtaking venue.
The weather has been pretty sporadic in LA lately. Apocalyptic clouds in the morning to a smoldering degree of when your skin ‘glistens and stays sticky vs sweating heat.’ This is the perfect occasion for those rice oil-blotting papers. As much as we try not to wear black during the summer, this unpredictable weather made me bust out my moto-leggings and comfy jersey tank. I lightened it up with my sheer boyfriend woven. This week has been kindly productive. I’m in pre-production for LoveCulture’s Back to School campaign, launching the new Zooey Magazine featuring a One Tree Hill starlet and tons more!
Gap boyfriend woven, A Fine Kreation tank, H&M motor leggings, shoes and ring, Forever 21 fedora.
I love maxi dresses. Extremely versatile for day wear or evening wear, you can pair this dress with chunky wedges or espadrilles, cut out sandal flats, and fun accessories such a big floppy hat and stacked bangles!
Matthew Williamson Long evening dress, $4,195
Halston Heritage evening dress, $995
Calypso St. Barth By Malene Birger dress, $825
Thread Social maxi dress, 158 GBP
Nessa Maxi dress, $170
Alice In The Eve maxi dress, $120
Lanvin wedge heels, $872
Matiko wedge booties, $215
ASOS leather handbag
Target White hat, $23
I’m so excited to present to you the Love Culture Summer 2011 campaign video compiled by Matt Rodgers.
Style, production and creative direction by yours truly.
A few weeks ago, my team and I underwent a huge campaign for nationwide women’s clothing store, Love Culture. Aside from prepping 70 looks for the shoot, I also played the role of Creative Director and Production Manager - something I’ve been switching more to lately.
From these 70 looks we categorized with Love Culture’s corporate visuals and marketing managers - into 10 categories and themes for the summer. Here’s the first of the 10 released on their site and stores now - Land from Down Under. After the hectic yet promising day, I was extremely happy and satisfied with everyone’s never-ending efforts and accomplishments. I wouldn’t have been able to do this without the team.
My stylists, assistants, and who’s stuck with me since the beginning of this project: Jacqueline Nguyen and Julianne Hoang.
Photographer: David Nguyen, Hair: Tony Vin, Makeup: Anthony Nguyen, Models from Photogenics and Ford Models, Chase Kim, Chris, Matt, Annie, Jeff, Kurt - Thank you!
Here’s an editorial I worked on for Inked Magazine for their January 2011 Issue on stands now! What an awesome way to start off the New Year! It was a simple day; I just had to put our model Brittany in some fun, bright wardrobe to show off her playful tattoos.
My favorite tattoo of hers is the Hello Kitty in the ice-cream cone on her sleeve. It’s my first time in Inked; the best tattoo magazine out there in terms of catering to more a fashion side vs. raw glamour stuff.
Photographer: Brandon Showers | Makeup & Hair: Mathias Allan